- Importing an Existing Config
- Using Beacon with Ark Single Player
- Updating Your Nitrado Server
- Updating Your Server With FTP
- Updating Your Server Manually
- Ark Config File Reference
- The Difference Between Deploy and Export
- Using Config Sets
- Using Presets to Automate Item Set Creation
- Adding Unsupported Engrams, Creatures, or Spawn Points to Beacon
- Breeding Multipliers
- Crafting Costs
- Creature Adjustments
- Creature Spawns
- Custom Config
- Day and Night Cycle
- Decay and Spoil
- Engram Control
- Harvest Rates
- Item Stat Limits
- Levels and XP
- Loot Drops
- Stack Sizes
- Stat Multipliers
- Create or Recover Your Account
- Sign Into Beacon
- Activating Beacon Omni
- Sharing Beacon Documents with Other Users
- About User Privacy
- Item Quality Is Different Than Expected
- Some Drops Are Edited, Others Are Not
- How to Stop Using Custom Config Content
- Solving Connection Problems to Beacon or Nitrado
- Beacon System Status
This feature requires Beacon Omni. All users may use the feature, but only Omni users will be able to generate the Ark config lines from it.
Ark allows adjusting the requirements for crafting just about anything in the game, and Beacon will help you do it.
Define a New Recipe
First, use the New Recipe button in the Crafting Costs list to select an engram whose crafting cost you would like to replace. In this window, the search field at the top allows for quickly finding items. Below that is the tag picker. Tags can be clicked to change how the list is filtered. Gray tags are neutral and have no effect on the filtering. Blue tags are required, which means the list will only show items that have all of the blue tags. Red tags are excluded, which means the list will hide items that have any of the red tags. For this example, select Narcotics and press Select or simply double-click it. This will create a Narcotics row in the Crafting Costs list, but it has no ingredients. Let's add some.
In the Ingredients list, press the Add Ingredient button. This time you'll be presented with a similar dialog, except there is a new section on the right. This dialog allows you to add multiple items at the same time. Find Narcoberry and either select it and press the >> to move it to the right list, or double-click it. Next find Spoiled Meat and do the same. The Selected Engrams list should show the two ingredients. Press the Select button to add them. This adds two rows to the Resources Required list.
On the right side of each ingredient is a Quantity column and a Prevent Substitutions column. Click the quantity for Narcoberry, then after the row is selected, click the quantity again. This will allow you to edit the value. Increase it to 2. At this point the recipe is now a cheaper version of the default recipe.
The Prevent Substitutions column, when checked, will not allow ingredient substitutions. In this case, leaving it unchecked allows Ascerbic Mushrooms to be used in the place of Narcoberries, since the two are interchangeable. When checked, only Narcoberries would be allowed.
Tips and Tricks
- The Crafting Costs editor supports copy and paste. You can copy ingredients from one recipe to another.
- You can also duplicate recipes. Simply select a finished recipe, press the Duplicate button in the Crafting Costs list, and you'll be presented with the same multiple engram selection dialog. Select as many engrams as you want, and Beacon will clone the original recipe into all of them.
- There are three tools for the Crafting Costs editor in the Tools menu:
- Adjust All Crafting Costs will ask for a multiplier and automatically add or update every known recipe. Setting this to 2.0 would double the cost of everything. 0.5 would cut the costs in half.
- Setup Fibercraft Server will add or change every recipe so that every item costs 1 fiber.
- Setup Transferrable Element will quickly setup a means to convert element into something transferrable, such as soap.