- Introducing Beacon's AI Config Generator
- Beacon Summer 2021 Dev Update
- Preparing Beacon for Ark: Genesis Part 2
- Beacon's API v2
- Beacon, Apple Silicon, and Big Sur
- Here's why Beacon doesn't support mobile devices
- Ark's Message of the Day Bug
- Beacon 1.3 Is Now Available
- Beacon 1.3 Availability and Ark: Genesis Plans
- September 2019 Quality Tuning
September 2019 Quality Tuning
Published (Updated )
Every once in a while it's worth spending the effort to tune Beacon's quality values. Beacon's 1.2.9 update does exactly that, and I felt like sharing some results.
For this tuning process, the Island White crate was used because it has basic 1.0 multipliers, and difficulty 4.0 was used. While not included in these results, testing was also done with higher quality drops and both higher and lower difficulties to confirm Beacon is scaling the numbers appropriately. Each test consisted of spawning 3 of the Island White drops loaded with 300 assault rifles of the desired quality, and measuring how many of each quality was generated.
As usual, Mastercraft is the most difficult quality to hit. But the old quality value of 7.68 was only hitting Mastercraft 11.89% of the time. So some tuning definitely needed to be done.
While the new numbers are still lower than I'd like, the fact of the matter is Ark doesn't make it possible to guarantee 100% accuracy. It's just the way Ark is. These new numbers represent the best possible outcomes after spawning tens of thousands of assault rifles.
|Tier||Old Value||New Value||New Accuracy|
† Since these are not in-game qualities, the best I can measure is the number of ascendant items they produce.